28 April 2007

one of my favorite poems of all time...

...would have to be My Institutionals by patricia ferrell. this is one of those poems that makes me think i'll never write well. those of you who know my bargains with the self - blog will notice that i've stolen [borrowed] the term from patricia. i've tried to find out more about her a couple of times, but couldn't detect much on the net. all i know is that she's from new york. apparently salon had a text version of My Institutionals, but that seems to be gone, too. however, i still want to translate the poem someday. now, to get her words together, i'll have to use my pre-internet-songtext-sound out-technique. you guys don't happen to have a transcript, do you?

before driving into zurich for the schiffbau slam in a while, i'll have something to eat and get ready. i've forgotten my favorite pair of jeans and my texts in freiburg, so i'll have to think about what to wear and where to print a third copy of my texts. i wonder where the second is. oh well...

1 comment:

Annina said...

It's here: http://www.theparisreview.org/audio/5261/my-institutionals-patricia-ferrell