11 July 2007

day 111

before posting a brand new english poem of mine - the first in a long while - i would like to thank Susanne of SuMuze for her super kind comment on day 107. it's always so nice to get positive feedback, especially from people who don't know me personally. you should check out her blog, too, it's beautifully made.

and here's my new poem (CHECK OUT THE RECORDING, TOO!):

A stray dog
I beg you to take me to kindergarten
Knolls of grey sand
Of dry sand and
Rays of canteen food smell
I put spells on those women
The vegetarians
Those guys and their sandals
A handcart cube
I have ridden brown watery soup
Down a few cobbled streets
I have screamed
Wild fidelity things
From the top of my lungs
I have inflated orange water wings
I, too, have skinned my knees
The curbs
The birds the bees I know
Of me.

[Ein streunender Hund/ Ich bitt dich bring mich in den Kindergarten/ Hügel grauer Sand/ Trockensand und/ Geruchstrahlen aus Kantinenessen/ Ich verzauber die Frauen/ Die Vegetarier/ Diese Typen in ihren Sandalen/ Ein Leiterwagenkubus/ Ich ritt die braune Wassersuppe/ Über Kopfsteinpflasterstrassen/ Ich schrie/ Wild Treueschwüre/ Aus voller Lunge/ Blies ich die orangenen Schwimmflügel/ Auch ich schlug mir die Knie auf/ Steinränder/ Die Vögel die Bienen ich weiß/ um mich.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ein sehr schönes gedicht, an dessen übersetzung die quasi-unübersetzbarkeit wieder ins auge springt. allerdings gefällt mir auch die deutsche version.
grüße
ky