16 April 2007

day 26

i've recorded a couple of poems with my mobile phone's recorder. i never even knew it had that feature until about two weeks ago. now i make good use of it, though, despite the crappy sound quality it produces. i've been thinking hard about which translation to po(dca)st next, but i have opted for ken yamamotos (pictured) Notizen bei Tagesanbruch Nr. 10 or, in english, Notes at Daybreak No. 10. i chose that one mainly because i like the original and believe the translation turned out to be good. below my translation, you'll find ken's german original. listen to me reciting it here.

Notes at Daybreak No. 10

Rasping and rapping sounds a disquieting gut feel
Awareness still mute ducking down
Unfolds sluggishly on the warm sheet

I dare not open my clotted eyes
For i fear my lids rip
From the open window coolish yet kind

Morning arrives perhaps the curtain
Flutters on purpose between in- and outside
Nobody besides me you didn't come home

Last night betrayed by the unslept-in
Half of the bed I conserved
Carefully shunned so that no one but you

Would come and rest I aroused
Seeing to nothing but you and your breath
Aspirates onto me prior to thinking

Will and intentness accrue
I gain momentum and count up to three
The next move waged definitely



Notizen bei Tagesanbruch Nr. 10

Kratz und Klopfgeräusche ein unruhiges Gefühl
Das Bewusstsein noch stumm zusammengekauert
Entfaltet sich träge auf den warmen Laken

Ich wage nicht die verklebten Augen zu öffnen
In der Befürchtung die Lider könnten zerreißen
Durch das offene Fenster angenehm kühl

Dringt der Morgen hinein vielleicht flattert
Der Vorhang zwischen Drinnen und Draußen
Neben mir niemand du bist nicht heimgekehrt

Gestern verraten durch die noch unberührte
Hälfte des Bettes die ich aufgespart habe
Sorgsam gemieden dass dort außer dir

Niemand sich hinlege und ich erwachend
Nur dich sehe nichts anderes und deinen Atem
Im Gesicht spüre noch vor den Gedanken

Findet sich in mir Wille und Entschlossenheit
Falle ich Schwung holend zurück zähle bis drei
Die nächste Bewegung ist endgültig

No comments: